A Bangor, County Down, family has said their pet dog saved the life of their five-year-old son, after he became trapped in a tumble dryer.
Riley Gedge-Duffy suffered burns to his arms, back and head when the machine automatically started with the boy, who has Down’s syndrome, stuck inside.
Aaron Duffy said his wife was vacuuming when the incident happened on Sunday.
He said she only knew something was wrong when their dog, Teddy – a cockapoo – began to bark.
“Only for our dog going nuts and notifying my wife by running up and down barking, my wife knew that there was something up and went down,” Mr Duffy said
“She literally just pulled him out, it didn’t matter if it was head first, feet first, legs whatever, he was coming out. So we got him out and literally cooled him down.
“Teddy’s going to get fillet steak tonight, I can guarantee that, she’s …
READ MORE ON BBC.COM