A Chinese man who was trapped in India for more than 50 years has finally been reunited with his family.
The BBC had reported how Wang Qi, an army surveyor who says he accidentally crossed into India in 1963, had not been given the necessary documents to leave the country.
Following the report, he was visited by Chinese diplomats, who told him efforts were being made to take him back.
Mr Wang was met by family members when his flight landed in Beijing.
Later, in his home city of Xianyang, crowds met him with banners reading “Welcome home, soldier, it’s been a rough journey”.
Mr Wang flew out from Delhi on Friday night accompanied by his adult children.
Chinese officials took him and his family shopping in a Delhi mall before they boarded the flight.
Mr Wang had been given a document by the Indian Foreign Ministry stating that he was cleared to leave. His family …
READ MORE ON BBC.COM