Photos and video captured Santa Monica firefighters successfully resuscitating a small dog that was trapped in a burning apartment this week.
The pooch survived after firefighters performed CPR and provided oxygen through a mask designed for pets, according to a Facebook post from the Santa Monica Fire Department.
The fire was reported about 4 p.m. Tuesday at a one-story apartment building in the 1800 block of Seventh Street, near Santa Monica High School. One unit of the building had a rapidly growing fire in its kitchen and storage room.
While some firefighters cut into the roof to “allow for the release of super heated smoke and fire gasses,” others entered the unit to find a dog, unresponsive, overcome by the heat and smoke.
The dog was pulled out of the apartment, not breathing and without a pulse. But after 20 minutes of first aid, the pooch began breathing on its own and was able …
READ MORE ON KTLA.COM