Cat survives antifreeze poisoning after vodka given as antidote
Updated July 17, 2017 19:33:36
It is not common for a black cat to be linked with good luck, but for one Queensland tomcat, it was luck, and a little bit of vodka that spared one of his nine lives.
The cat dubbed ‘Tipsy’ was just a whisker away from death when he was found near a tyre store in Lowood, west of Brisbane, at the weekend.
It is believed he had ingested toxic agent antifreeze and was rushed to the RSPCA animal hospital in Wacol.
Vodka is the common antidote for antifreeze, otherwise known as coolant, but very few animals actually make it to a vet in time.
RSPCA Vet Sarah Kanther believed he had less than …
READ MORE ON ABC.NET.AU