Cole Lewis and his family embraced their dog Nala Monday afternoon when she jumped out of a hyperbaric chamber at their veterinary hospital.
It’s the first time they’ve seen their dog since she jumped in front of Cole and his mom when they saw a rattlesnake while taking a walk in their Lancaster neighborhood Sunday.
“She waited until we were safe. She stood her ground. She didn’t like whimper or anything when she got bit,” Cole said.
Nala was bit once on the nose and was bleeding when Cole’s stepdad, Anthony Borquez, rushed their boxer to the veterinary hospital. The faster you get help following a rattlesnake bite, the greater chance an animal or human has for survival.
“When my son had told me it was light green, I knew that it was a Mojave green (snake) and they’re extremely poisonous, way more so than a diamondback,” Borquez said.
Borquez said his family won’t be …
READ MORE ON ABC7.COM