LAKE VIEW, N.Y. (WIVB-TV) – A couple from Lakeview is crediting their pit bull for saving their lives.
Attentive, and well trained, Ruby the pit bull doesn’t bark very often.
Ronene Ando says, “Typically she only barks for one reason, and that’s if someone is at the door.”
So Thursday night, when she wouldn’t stop barking, Ando and her husband Chris knew something was up.
“That went on for about an hour and a half, and I guess at that point, I knew something was up. She got up and went downstairs,she opened up the gate and was standing down there.”
The Andos had put a propane heater in their basement recently, and immediately Ando smelled propane. Ruby picked up the smell and got her owners attention before carbon monoxide poisoning could occur.
Ronene Ando said, “Probably if it weren’t for Ruby, I can’t say, I don’t know.”
Ruby is a trained therapy dog through Paws for Love with …
READ MORE ON ROCHESTERFIRST.COM